Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quick update from Ghana


Hey there everyone! I'm sitting at an internet cafe on a rainy day in Tamale, Ghana. The trip has been AMAZING. God's presence is so clear here. We've done so much already and I wish I could describe the amazing things that have gone on. Here's a brief update...

I've sat in a village in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mud huts, pitch black skies, precious Ghanaians and under the most amazing view of the stars while listening to God's word be proclaimed in unreached villages. Simply amazing. I've seen Jesus in the face of lonely orphans. I've seen children dying of Malaria. I've experienced some of the most heartbreaking sights I've ever seen. I've been blessed to share Christ's love with a Muslim man at the market and tell him/debate with him that my God is the true God who has immeasurable love for him. I've ridden on bumpy roads over miles of African fields to the most remote villages to witness to those who have never heard. Our God is amazing.

Please continue to keep our team in your prayers.
-Pray for strength and energy. Yesterday we all hit a wall of exhaustian from late nights, early mornings and nonstop work. A few of us were sick today (including me) but we're all better now.
-Pray for the villages of Fandu where we've held crusades the last two nights and for the village of Zandu who where we'll be tonight.
-Pray for Hanan, the VERY Islamic man I've made friends with and have been talking with at the Market. He told me that next time I come back he wants to talk about the Bible with me. I should see him next week.
-Pray for the orphans, widows, starving children and deathly sick people we've seen and will see. Pray that God's hope and love would be seen through us.

Thanks so much!!

3 comments:

Tammi said...

It's so great to get an update. It sounds fantastic, and God is doing amazing things through you!! We'll continue to pray for you and Kyle and the rest of the team.

Holly said...

Praying!! Thanks for the update!

Susan said...

Praying for you and Kyle! Thanks for the update.