Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Awana Awards


OK, so why is it that I always get in the mood to write on here when I should be doing math? Hmm. Well, I have been having a pretty good week. The Awana year ended this week, so I'll be sad not to see my friends on Sunday nights, but it was a pretty good year! I probably won't have too much time to miss it though, because I leave for China on THE SEVENTEENTH!!! This date is coming up so much sooner than I felt like it was going to. I mean, two weeks from Saturday? WOW!! I'm so excited though. I guess I will finish up my shopping by next week and then begin packing. I have already made an oath to myself that I will not over pack on this trip. I tend to do that quite often, packing all of my "just in case" clothes, and my "what ifs," but I really can't do that on this trip, and don't want to suffer the consequences.


Here is a picture of my Dad and I after Sunday night's Awana award ceremony.
Hope that you have a great day!




You can't really read the words, but I got the Meritorious Award. It's at least a few thousand dollars of a scholarship (to several different Christian schools) in and of itself!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

"OK, so why is it that I always get in the mood to write on here when I should be doing math?"

Yes, why IS that??? LOL

Loved the picture. Who was on the other side of that wall, slaving away while y'all were taking cute pictures? Hm?

Y'all are so cute. Two of my favoritest people.

And, by the way, just so you know... I changed my mind. You can't go to China. Sorry to have to tell you this way. Now, go do your math.

Emily said...

Math is totally cool! I can't fathom why you'd be in the mood to blog when you should be doing your math.

We're so excited about your trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. We're praying for you!!