Thursday, May 8, 2008

Beautiful Feet


Romans 10:15 says, "And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.'"

So... my Mom and I choose to take that verse into its full context when preparing for a mission trip. (She is not going with me on this trip to China though.) It makes perfectly good sense to go and have your toes done before you leave to "bring good news", right? And so, you can clearly see the reason for the cute polish I had done today. =D

On another note, I am still getting ready for my trip, leaving a week from Saturday. I'm so excited to be returning, and continuing some of the relationships I have made on previous trips. I have kept in contact all year with one girl in her twenties, and we are planning to meet up sometime during my stay. She is so sweet! She says that everyday she counts down until the day I arrive. Isn't that precious? I will start packing pretty soon. I pretty much have everything that I need, and we are getting my luggage down tonight.

Today we received an important document from the government, which we needed in order to send our paperwork over to Africa for our adoption. YAY! We have a few more things to do before our family can actually send it over, but we are so happy. Praise God!!!!

Tomorrow we are going to a home school book fair, which has tons and tons of home school curriculum to look over and buy. We will probably get my math tomorrow, but since I am taking several classes next year we don't have much else that we need to get tomorrow that we can't find at a cheaper price somewhere else. I have gymnastics later that night.

Then there is the weekend. I have a Saturday morning workout for gymnastics, and then church later that night. Mothers Day is Sunday, so we do not have any plans yet. =)

Well, I hope that all of you have a fantastic weekend and a great Mothers Day. Love ya!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE the "beautiful feet"! And yours are, indeed, beautiful. Good to see you following in your Mom's footsteps. ;D And what great news about the document coming! I love being able to check in on you now. Love you!!