Wednesday, June 9, 2010

21 days, 10 hours 30 minutes...

..until I leave for Africa. Not that I'm counting or anything..

Can you tell Ghana's on the mind? Yep. Saying that I'm excited is an understatement. I absolutely cannot wait to be walking through mud hut villages, sitting with precious African smiles around me, holding a sweet little child and sharing a Love these people have never heard of.

I'll be leaving on July 1st with a team of mostly youth. We'll be flying to Atlanta and then straight to Ghana. (Flying directly into Africa will be amazing..usually we have to go all the way up to London or Frankfurt first.) While there, we'll spend a couple of days in the capital city and surrounding villages, then head up to the northern region, a much more rural and poverty stircken (and HOT) portion of Ghana. There, we'll be doing a lot of open evangelism, presentations in the schools, relief work, and orphan care. I'm so pumped to see how God will use our team.

Please begin praying with us for this trip. Pray for preparation, safety, health, the people we will minister to and for the chief's of the villages to be open to our team. Prayer is critical on any mission trip and truly has a huge impact. To visit our team's blog and see more about the area we will go to and the work we'll be doing, go to www.ghanamission10.blogspot.com .

No comments: