Monday, May 26, 2008

2nd Tuesday Update

Our trip is going great still! I have been able to make some great relationships and witness some great, interesting, and crazy things. I cannot wait to post more about each day when I come back!! It's hard to believe that it is Tuesday morning here and we leave on Friday morning. This trip has gone by way too fast!!

I think I left off on Saturday on my last post. Saturday we went to an English corner/church in the morning. That went pretty well, though the conversations in my group weren't totally as focused on what I hoped. That afternoon was the beach party for all of our Chinese friends we had made throughout the week. We had Chinese barbeque, volleyball, soccer, frisbee, and tons of fun things to do. At the end of the night a man who helped host the party set up a huge screen with a projector and we watched "Bee Movie" in Chinese. =P The people loved it! They chose that movie because it is for all age levels, funny and easy to understand. At the end of the night we had a bonfire down closer to the water, but that didn't turn out quite how we planned. It is a long story that I will have to write more about later, but we had a few "tree huggers" and "save the earth people," which turned into 3 mad men with gasoline and fire! But nothing bad happened, just a semi fight. The wood was too wet to light, so that was about the end of the party and most people left. That night a couple of team members and I were had a great conversation with a student who seemed to be in her twenties. She is the most searching person I have ever seen-she knows she needs God, but has so many questions about faith, and she is really frustrated.

Sunday morning we went to the International Christian Fellowship, and then I went to an English corner in the afternoon. I have been able to have some really great converstions with people at these corners. On Tuesday night I spoke with a new believer, but recently I've either been talking to people who are not Christians, but have very limited English, or with people who are Christians and have some really tough theological questions. But overall I think we are having a great turn out!

Monday we went to a tourist island and then Stephen and Brett, a couple of my friends who are staying here for two months, arrived and we made some plans for a puppet show that we are doing tonight. Tonight (Tuesday) is the show for 2,000 people. WOW. We have a couple of songs and a skit that we are performing, then a really good musician on our team is playing and singing.

Please pray for my team. Almost all of us have felt gross at some point this weekend, and one guy is pretty sick right now. Thanks!

Sorry for not being able to post pictures.. I want to, but haven't been able to find the time to upload them.

Hope that you are all doing great!

No comments: