Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back in Mei Guo

Hey there!

Well, I am back in Mei Guo, the land of the blonds and the home of my family. ( My real home is in China. =) Ha!)

The trip was amazing. That is the word I keep using, and it describes it very well. It was sad to have to leave. It was hard - hard saying goodbye to new friendships, hard leaving that hurting and lost country that is in such thirst for truth right now. The people there are so so sweet. That is part of the reason it is so difficult to say goodbye to new friends, even though I know we will still keep in touch and see each other more. One of the hardest parts was when a couple of friends the team had made were at the hotel when we left. They were crying as we hugged and as they were waving to us as the bus pulled out. I won't lie, I cried too! Many of us were. (At least most of the girls. =) ) I could have cried a lot more, but I made myself stop. It is just so easy to share and be friends with people in China. They have such a sweet, simple, caring nature. I wish people in America could be more like the Chinese. Life would be much simpler, and it would be so much easier to love and reach people. It was also a great time to be in China. With the huge earthquake, after shocks still going on while we were there, and the death toll creeping over 88,000, I was able to have some great conversations with people about faith, and the urgency to need a Savior. More stories to come about all of that.

I love the song "God of This City", by Cris Tomlin. It was on the Passion CD this year, and it says



You're the God of this city, You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation, You are
You're the Light in this darkness, You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless, You are

There is no one like our God, there is no one like our God

For greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in
this city
Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city

Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done here



That is so true about City X, and for me it was one of the songs that I thought of as a "Song of my trip". (That is not the city's real name, btw.) I really felt like there was unfinished business when we left. Obviously there always will be more and more work to be done, no matter where we go on this globe..

I will post more about the events of the trip through out this next week. Thanks for checking up on me, and for your comments and words of encouragement!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

We are so glad you are home safe and sound .... and can't wait to hear more.

kristinleighkelly said...

Hey there, I saw you from afar in the lobby last night (I was stuck behind the VBS booth) and LOVE your new hair! I am so happy you are home safe and sound and can not wait to hear more about your adventures. I am proud of what a mature young lady you are!

Emily said...

Hey! So glad to hear that your trip went well, so well that you were sad to leave. Oh, and Gram sent me a pic of your new haircut...LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see you in person (maybe sometime this summer?) and give you a big hug! We sure love you and are so very proud of you!!