Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

***Happy Mothers Day to all of you Moms, and especially to my Mom. You guys are amazing and do so much for us!! Thank you Mom, for all that you do for me, even when sometimes it's not easy. Thank you to my Gram, Grandma, and Great-Grandmother for being such great examples and for being the amazing mothers you were and are to both of my parents, and to my Aunts for being such great Moms to my cousins and awesome Aunts to me. I love you guys!!***


Today we went to an African church that is a partner to our church. It is always fun to see our friends there and take a little step into Africa, but only minutes from our house.

I officially leave for China in less then a week!! WOW. throughout today, and last night I've been thinking, "OK, a week from now I'll be on this flight... **a few hours later** and still on this flight...**a few more hours later** and yet again still on this flight!!" But, it is not about how we are getting there, no matter how crazy long the flight over the Pacific may be. It is about the work there, and getting back into the work left off from my last trip. I still have to get packed this week, and It is looking like this week may be a little bit busy. We may be taking a day trip for some of our adoption paper work, Wednesday baby Maylee Reese, a new cousin will be born, and Friday we will be out and about doing things for my brothers 12th birthday, which is on Saturday, the day that I leave!! Tomorrow I'll lay out my suitcase and begin fitting everything in where it can.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I love, love, LOVE being your mother. Just love it. The "even when sometimes it's not easy" part will come next Saturday when I tell you goodbye... But it's so fun to see the young woman you are becoming, and such a privilege to have a front row seat for the work God is doing in your heart and life.

Oh great, now I have that song in my head... "I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll cheer as you fly..."

:::sniff:::

LOVE YOU!!!!!!

scribbledibl said...

Hey Bethany!!!! This is Sophie!!!
I am SO excited that you are going to China!!! I hope and pray you have an amazing, incredible time! You better take billions of pictures! I think it is SO cool how God has been working in your life!!! I hope you have a safe trip!
Sophie :)