Monday, May 12, 2008

Earthquake in China

Many of you have probably already heard about the huge earthquake in central China on Monday. First, I will let you know that it was not near where I am going. But, you could feel shocks all across China, and even in Taiwan, Burma, Thailand and Pakistan. I am sure that you could feel them in my city. This earthquake has killed an estimate of over 8,000 people, and buried around 900 students under their school. It is a tragedy, by far. I think that God is really doing something in Asia right now, and that this is going to be a very interesting summer for China, especially with the Olympics. There are some weird things going on in that country right now, and that makes me want to go all the more.

Speaking of the Olympics, at the same time the earth quake hit, the Olympic torch was passing right by where I have stayed!! It was literally being run down the same street I have caught taxis on and walked many many times. How awesome is that??

Please be in prayer for all of the people affected by the quake, and for the work lying ahead of our team. Some things to pray for this week leading up to our departure would be:

-For the health of our team as we prepare to leave, travel and are there
-For us to have wisdom
-That God would be working in the minds of the people we are to talk to
-That our flights would connect smoothly, and that there would be no problems as we travel
-For our safety

Thank you so much. Your prayers really do mean everything, and they truly have an impact on our trip!!

Also, I wanted to post this video. My Mom found this, and it is a very eye-opening video to how big the number 143 million really is in term to orphans.


No comments: